As Someone Who is Working, What Issues Should I Consider When Reviewing My 2022 Tax Return?
Discussing your current situation with your financial advisor is an important and informative exercise to ensure your understanding of your tax liabilities for the prior year.
In this conversation, here are some highlight points we will consider if you are working:
- Filing Status
- If you have dependent children, are you eligible for credits?
- Are you recently divorced or widowed?
- Do you have investment income for the prior year?
- Do you have any tax-advantaged accounts during the prior tax year?
- Did you convert a traditional IRA to a Roth?
- Did you contribute to an H.S.A. or a 401(k) plan?
- Do you currently own or have you recently acquired rental real estate?
The above is part of a comprehensive checklist of the types of issues we are prepared to discuss and address with you when reviewing your tax returns.
Don’t delay……make an appointment today.
For a comprehensive review of your personal situation, always consult with a tax or legal advisor. Neither Cetera Advisors LLC nor any of its representatives may give legal or tax advice.